Create a "top 5" list of something you find interesting.
Top 5 Podcasts I Enjoy Listening to on the Way to Work
1. The Morning Stream (TMS) - This podcast reminds me of good old fashioned morning talk radio.
Hosts Scott Johnson and Brian Ibbott have a great rapport and are incredibly clever and witty.
They tell personal stories, share interesting news of the day, and have different guests each
day of the week. This podcast always puts a smile on my face as I ride to work on the crowded
2. WTF with Marc Maron - Marc Maron is a veteran stand up comic who started this popular podcast
several years ago. He started out interviewing fellow comedians but soon branched out to talk to
all kinds of creative people including musicians, writers, film directors and actors. Maron is a
talented interviewer and wonderful conversationalist. Most guests tend to really open up to him
so the interviews have a very personal and intimate tone.
3. Filmspotting - Being a movie buff, I love to keep up with what's going on in the film world.
'Filmspotting’is a great podcast about film. Although hosts Adam Kempenaar and Josh Larson can
come across as rather pretentious, they disagree about almost everything which makes for some
interesting back and forth. My favourite part of this podcast is called 'Massacre Theater'.
Basically, the hosts do a very bad reading of the scene and then invite listeners to guess which
movie the scene is from.
4. Mission Log Podcast - 'Mission Log' is a must if you are Star Trek fan. Each week, hosts Ken
Ray and John Champion talk about an episode of Star Trek after re-watching it. They talk about
the meaning and morals of the episode and whether or not it still 'holds up' today. It's pretty
nerdy and you have to be a Star Trek fan to really enjoy it. I definitely fit into both of those
categories, so this is the podcast for me.
5. DTNS (Daily Tech News Show) - I'm a tech junky and love hearing about the latest and greatest
in technology. DTNS covers all of the latest tech news in fairly short, bite-sized bits. Host
Tom Merritt is very smart and always adds some interesting insight to each story. Some of the
stories are recommended by readers and there is always a "story of the day" that gets deeper
analysis, usually along with a special guest.
※ pretentious もったいぶった・大げさ
※ rapport 感情的な親密さ
※ bite-sized 非常に小さい・ひとくちサイズの